The Employer’s Filing Season for interim PAYE reconciliations starts today.
All employers must submit their employee tax certificates and EMP501 forms for the period 01 March 2014 to 31 August 2014.
The steps to complete your submission are easy:
1. Download SARS e@syFile version 6.6 from http://www.sarsefiling.co.za.
2. Install Sage Pastel Payroll 2014 Update 3 or later.
3. Process the payroll run for August 2014 and correct any exceptions that are generated on the IRP5/IT3(a) Exceptions report.
4. Print the EMP501 for the first 6 months of the year.
5. Export the electronic tax certificates from your payroll software.
6. Import the electronic certificates into SARS e@syFile.
7. Complete the EMP501 and submit online before 31 October 2014.